Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Me and My Brother

Sibling relationships ... outlast marriages, survivethe death of parents, resurface after quarrels that wouldsink any friendship. They flourish in a thousand incarnationsof closeness and distance, warmth, loyalty and distrust. ~Erica E. Goode

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. ~Vietnamese Proverb

To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How could I ever thank God enough
for allowing me to be the mother
of these two wonderful individuals?
My life has been so blessed to
have a daughter and son that truly
love each other unconditionally.

Thank you both for giving me years
of love and enjoyment. Memories are a gift from God that no one
can take from you...my mind and
heart are filled with so many of
you two...

I love you both dearly...Mom

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Ok your Moms comment made me tear up. :)

I am blessed to have an identical twin and a younger brother.

Both of them are a gift from God!

Andrea