Friday, October 5, 2007

UPDATE: August Doctor's Appointment

Thanks everyone for reminding me that I have yet to post the outcome of my August doctor's visit with you. I did blog about our adoption plan falling through, but there is a reason for everything that happens in life.

After my last visit in August, I did receive good news; my pap results were normal. That is my 2nd normal result in an ongoing battle for almost 2 years. Dr. Richmond said that I could quit taking my birth control, and then after two months, Jay and I could start trying to conceive. This was such a wonderful day ... not only because I was able to have a child BUT also because my body was functioning properly.

Now to answer all of your questions ... Are we trying to conceive?

Verdict ... We're not purposely trying to conceive, i.e. tracking my ovulation and so on. I quit taking my birth control the day that Dr. Richmond told me to, and I must say that I feel better being off of it. However, if we get pregnant, I'll be excited, but at the same time, we're not stressing over it and trying to get pregnant within a designated period of time. I'm of the mindset that WHATEVER HAPPENS WILL HAPPEN.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Our prayers have been answered...
2 good reports. You must know
what a joy and blessing you are
to both me and your Dad. If God
honored us with a grandchild, we
would be so excited...you and Josh
have made our lives complete and I
know a "little one" would complete
your union with Jay. We love you
both and pray for God's will to
be done in your lives.
I love you, Mom

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I am so happy that your Dr's report turned out great. I will be praying for God's will to be done for you. I know how it feels to want a child!

Andrea

Judith and Lance said...

Jamie - you have a great attitude about this. It took me 26 HEART BREAKING months to get pregnant b/c my approach was so different. If I could go back in time I would do it the way you are doing it and enjoy every moment w/ Lance before a child. Praying for you!