Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Learning to LIVE Loved

I was reading through Max Lucado's daily UPWORDS titled "Learning to Live Loved", and thought to myself "Wow! God loves me regardless; His love is unfailing."


One segment of Max's inspirational chapter said this ... "Does He love us because of our goodness? Because of our kindness? Because of our great faith? No, He loves us because of HIS goodness, kindness and great faith. John says it like this: 'This is love: not that we loved God, but that He loved us' I John 4:10"

That is the most awesome thing ever to comprehend that God loves me unconditionally simply because He chooses to. He loves me when I'm unlovable, when no one else loves me, he loves me without rhyme or reason.

Some days I find it hard to love ... people hurt my feelings, people annoy me, people take advantage of me, people make me mad, people ignore me, people lie to me, and the list could go on ... BUT when I feel like I'm having a hard time at loving as Christ would have me to do, I need to embrace HIS love. I need to saturate myself in what He tells me, in His truths found in the Bible.

By embracing God's love, we can love others.

1 comments:

Madelyn's Mommy said...

What a great thing to learn! It is hard to love people sometimes but that is just when I pray to see them through God's eyes. Thanks for posting this. I enjoyed reading it!

Andrea