Friday, September 7, 2007

Theatre of the Republic presents CHICAGO


I absolutely love plays and musicals. There is a small theatre in Conway that hosts different plays and musicals throughout the year using local performers as their cast. This is an outing that Mom and I always enjoy together. The last performance that we attended was in NYC; we saw The Color Purple on Broadway. It was phenomenal and far better than the book or movie. The performance of CHICAGO at the Theatre of the Republic was just as exciting as our last artsy venture.

I picked Mom up early, and we had dinner at the Riverwalk Grill. We had the best homemade chocolate cake ... I'm sorry, Josh, I know that messes up my diet. ;-) The musical started at 8:00 PM, and I was so excited to see one of our friends, Rachel Ayers, perform in the lead role of Roxie Hart. The dancing was absolutely amazing, and I was in awe of their talent.


1 comments:

Madelyn's Mommy said...

Looks like you had a wonderful time! That is something I would have enjoyed! When is the next time ya'll are coming through Rocky Mount?

Andrea