Wednesday, September 12, 2007

DIET Leaf: 1st Week

My exciting journey started on September 4th .... I know ... you're wanting to know why I didn't start on a MONDAY. Well, September 3rd was Labor Day, and I just couldn't pass up all of the food from the cookout. I am following my old, trusty Weight Watchers plan, which comes easy for me. I still have to fight off my urges to eat incorrectly. BUT, I also know that I'm not striving for perfection; I'm striving to live a healthier lifestyle. I'm much more focused and determined during the weekdays because I'm at work, I continue my usual routine, and I eat meals at the same time everyday. However, the weekend was definitely more difficult. The weekends are filled with all types of activites like hanging out with friends, going to the beach, shopping, bowling, and EATING!!!

One of my observations is how much more energetic I feel. I've stopped drinking regular sodas and sweet tea. Those of you who know me well ... know that my drug of choice is MOUNTAIN DEW. The calories and sugar associated with that soda are out of this world; not to mention, all of the caffeine in it. I'm drinking 6 glasses of water each day, which makes me feel more hydrated and refreshed. I've also started walking 1 1/2 to 2 miles a day with my faithful four-legged companions, Noah and Jonah.

The verdict: I've lost 5 1/2 pounds this week. I'm ecstatic because any little bit helps.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah for you Jamie! I LOVE weight watchers too. Since having Isaiah I just haven't gotten back into it. I had actually started it before I found out I was pregnant. Then it stopped! Maybe you will motivate me to start again!
Love
Erica B.

Anonymous said...

You are so determined and I can actually see the "fire" in your eyes. Once your brain gets the message your body will fall right into line. Keep up the good work and thanks for encouraging me to
get back on my diet.
Congratulations on your first week..
I love you, Mom

Madelyn's Mommy said...

That is an awesome first week! Good luck! I need to get on that band wagon with you.

Andrea

Judith and Lance said...

good job, jamie! i did w.w. after bella and lost weight easily on it. my mother in law has lost almost 50 lbs! keep it up!