Wednesday, January 14, 2009

A Day in the Life of the Dalton Family

We had a wonderful Christmas/New Year holiday. It was so nice to be able to spend time with family and friends. We were showered with all types of Christmas goodies and presents. I was also blessed with a few added pounds. :-)

My parents gave me one of my heart's desires ... a weighted-key keyboard. Playing the piano has always been my escape from the day ... I love to sit down, play song after song, and forget about life's issues. Music is one of God's greatest gifts, and I truly value each key, chord, and note!

I went last week for my gestational diabetes test, and it came back NEGATIVE! That is such a huge praise for me right now considering my favorite things to eat are peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, rice krispies with bananas, chocolate milk, and powdered donuts. Yeah, I know ... I'm keeping such a lovely diet. At my last appt., I finally gained some weight, BUT I jumped from having gained nothing at all to gaining SIX pounds. The pregnancy is going great, and my only complaint is having to pee at least five times a night!

Jay is doing well, and he's enjoying watching my belly grow! BUT, I think his belly still looks bigger than mine! I'll have to post some pregnancy pictures soon! Until then ...

0 comments: