Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Another Bundle of PURE JOY

Wow! I can't believe that I'm updating with this kind of news .... as most of you know, I'm not real good at handling surprises. BUT, this is probably the best surprise ever. We're pregnant AGAIN. Yes, I know ... Jackson is almost 4 months old, and we're absolutely CRAZY. :-) This definitely wasn't planned, but I truly believe God meant this as a blessing.

But, Jay and I have been praying about a family situation for some time now, where we had the opportunity to be foster parents to two of Jay's cousins. However, we never found a true peace about it, but we continued on with the DSS process. Well, two Fridays ago, I began feeling nauseous, thinking that I had eaten something that disagreed with me. (Thinking it was Paul's hamburgers from the grill) On Sunday after church, I still felt this way. Well, I bought 2 pregnancy tests from Walmart, and both of them displayed PREGNANT on the digital screen. God has a CUTE sense of humor, but I honestly believe that this is why we never had a peace about taking the children in. God had a different plan in mind. I just don't think I'm capable of taking care of that many children at one time considering the range of ages.

I made an appointment with my OB/GYN for July 30th so we'll know more by then, but I ask that you pray that everything goes smoothly just like last time. I also ask that you pray for Jay's cousins, and God's plan for their life. They are sweet children, and they need a loving, stable home. Until next time ...

6 comments:

The Maguire's said...

Congratulations!! You are so correct. God's plan is so unpredictable but what an incredible gift you've been given. Hope all goes smoothly! And we will be praying for Jay's cousins as well.

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!! Now people will look at you like you've lost your mind too :-) No seriously, that's so exciting, and, I know, that you know also how fun it is to grow up with a sibling so close in age. I'm so excited for you all, and hopefully it's an easy pregnancy!! Keep us updated.
Danelle

Madelyn's Mommy said...

WOW! What a surprise!!! But congrats! I think it is awesome news!

God is so good.

I will be praying for you!

Andrea

Judith and Lance said...

That is very exciting. May be difficult at first but in the long run will be easier. They will be the BEST of friends. Congrats!

Jennie Fisher said...

Congratulations Jamie. Our God is perfect in His unpredictability. Prayers all around. How exciting!

Dana Lilly said...

Congratulations Jamie!! I must say that I know what you will be going through over the next 9 months since you will have a baby even 2 months younger than Taylor while you are pregnant. I am so excited for you guys, and you know as much as I do how nice it is to grow up with siblings close in age. Love, Dana