Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Traditions

Christmas is such a wonderful time of year! It is a time to enjoy family, eat good fun, disappear in the luster of the lights, but most importantly, it is a time to remember the greatest gift of all -- Christ's birth! As my belly continues to grow and grow, so does my heart! I find myself thinking of all kinds of special memories that I want to make, and traditions that I want to start to make the holidays an extra special time of year. I, especially, want to make sure that Baby Dalton understands the true meaning of each holiday along with enjoying the treats given to him.


I've been trying to brainstorm traditions for Christmas because this holiday is one that kids anticipate all year long. So, these are the ones that I'm going with ... If you can think of anymore to add, please let me know!


1. Write a letter to Santa telling him of our WISH LIST!


2. Purchase Christmas pajamas for the kids to open on the 24th as well as an ornament for their collection!



3. Eat popcorn, light up the fireplace, and watch Christmas movies! (Especially Jay's favorite childhood Christmas movie, Emmett Otter's Jug Band Christmas)


4. Go see Christmas lights!


5. Bake cookies on Christmas Eve! Open TWO gifts ... Our pajamas and ornament!

6. Read the Story of Christ's Birth!

7. Buy gifts for a child on the Salvation Army's Angel Tree

0 comments: