Saturday, November 22, 2008

God-Parents

Jay and I have been discussing who we want to be the God-Parents of Baby Dalton. We have decided to choose two married couples ... one that is particularly close to him and one that is close to me!

I read this "modern" definition of God-Parent on the web ... "an individual chosen by the parents to take a vested interest in raising a more complete human being". We're not looking for the God-Parents to be legal guardians of our child, if we were to pass. We're just looking for someone to take a special interest to pray, set an example of Christian living, to encourage our child in their faith, and to be there for him if he should need guidance.

I would really like to find a special way to ask these individuals to be God-Parents. I want them to take it very seriously because if they feel like it's something they can't or don't want to commit to, I really want them to tell us.

I'M LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO MAKE THIS A SPECIAL EVENT FOR ALL INVOLVED ... PLEASE LEAVE US SOME IDEAS ON HOW TO ASK THEM!!!

1 comments:

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I also took that very serious. I wanted to choose a couple that I knew would be very devoted in praying for Madi and guiding her in her christian walk.

Mike and I prayed about who to ask and then we went to that couple and told them what we expected and asked them to pray about it for 2 wks before they gave us an answer.


They prayed about it and then came to us and of course agreed.

Hope this helped.

Andrea