Thursday, June 21, 2007

~Adoption UPDATE~

We have had a change in plans concerning our Guatemalan adoption. We have decided to not adopt from Guatemala due to some warnings from our US Department of State; I have posted the links below to the warnings and recommendations . We have put a lot of time and effort into completing all of our paperwork along with paying our adoption agency a deposit of $1,000. BUT, everything happens for a reason. We are staying positive and ask for your prayers. I go back to the doctor in August, and I intend to discuss with Dr. Richmond the possibility of Jay and I trying to conceive a child of our own.

Some of you may be asking why we were only interested in a Guatemalan adoption. I don't travel very well as far as flying in a plane. Therefore, we were looking to adopt from a country that I could make the flight to in order to visit and pick up the child.

We truly appreciate all of your love and support. Please take the time to read about the Hague Convention and warnings/recommendations below.

1. http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/convention/convention_3257.html
2. http://news.webindia123.com/news/articles/World/20070613/686133.html
3. http://travel.state.gov/family/adoption/intercountry/intercountry_2859.html

4 comments:

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I completely understand your reasonings behind your decisions. I to hate to hear about adoptions possibly not continuing in Guatemala in early 2008. It hurts my heart to think about what those children will face without adoptions continuing in GT. I will be praying for you and your family as you try to get pregnant. I look forward to following you and your journey. My prayers are with you!

Andrea

Anonymous said...

OUR LOVE,THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS WILL BE WITH YOU AND JAY.
LOVE
PEGGIE,LARRY AND MICHELLE

JuJu - said...

I will e praying for you - but according to my contats in GC- you are safe for the next 16 months - let me knowf I can help in any way:)

Julia:)

Madelyn's Mommy said...

I just wanted to check on you. It has been awhile since you have blogged. I check frequently to see if you have updated. I know you must be going through alot right now with realizing things that are going on in Guatemala. Just hold your head up high! I have a verse that has gotten me through difficult times. Psalm 113:9 "He honors the childless wife in her home; he makes her happy by giving her children. Praise the Lord!" God will get you through this.

Andrea